Inventa is a leader in the design, creation and execution of innovative brand experiences, from large-scale events and national experiential tours, to grassroots local executions. Now in our 24th year, we are at the forefront in the experiential marketing and event space.
We are currently on the hunt for experienced, passionate and energetic Account Managers, looking to take the next step in their career in the agency world and join our Vancouver office team. This role is specific to our Conferences team, successful candidates have established themselves as event experts, with strong client and team management skills, but are still willing to get their hands dirty when the need arises!
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to move your career forward in the events and/or experiential marketing industry
- A fast-paced work environment with a team approach
- An Internal employee recognition and incentive program – we call it iFives!
- Team building events, office celebrations, and an amazing Christmas party
- Extended benefits, sick and work from anywhere days as well as other subsidies that are available will be discussed with selected applicants.
- A unique office culture unlike anywhere else. We love having dogs in the office, we're welcoming of children, have an acquired taste for NERF products, and make you earn snacks with an arcade claw machine… and that’s just a few examples. Check out our Instagram feed for more!
What we expect from you:
- Actively contribute to the creation and concept development of event concepts, starting from the creative brief, all the way to the on-site execution. This means bringing your insights and experience to the table to make valuable contributions to the overall idea.
- Lead client meetings, offering solutions and input regularly. Be the face of the agency with our valued clients.
- Actively manage the agency account team of Account Executives and Account Coordinators assisting you in bringing the vision to life. Effective delegation and follow up are a must.
- Be the master of the budget. From quotes to PO’s the buck stops with you. You’re also comfortable navigating the ‘scope creep’ conversation with your clients
- Be detailed oriented, and if you don’t know the answer on the spot, you know where to find it.
- Active problem solving and issue management. Yes, we want you to think about the problem before it occurs!
What we’re looking for:
- Graduate of an accredited university/college in Marketing or an equivalent program is an asset with 4-6 years of event experience, ideally in an agency environment.
- Excellent client management skills, with the ability to read between the lines and understand what a client needs, then over deliver!
- Experience with planning events and/or conference is a must
- Strong program management skills: time management, organization, planning, and problem solving
- Detail-oriented, and an analytical thinker
- Strong team player, ability to partner with various stakeholders and client groups
- Works independently to proactively get the job done
- Proven ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams
- Understands the ‘big picture’ with respect to the event or campaign
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Please note some travel will be required for this role
Please ensure your application includes a cover letter and resume and is submitted as one document. Making sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date too is probably a good idea as well!
Given the volume of applications Inventa's Recruiting department receives only selected candidates will be contacted. Candidates who did not follow the application instructions will not be reviewed.