Inventa is looking for a Team Leader to join WorkBC’s Find Your Fit Career Education Tour.
The WorkBC Find Your Fit Tour is an interactive event where students have an opportunity to try their hand at skills they'll need for different in-demand careers. The team on this leg of the tour will be based in the Greater Vancouver Regional District area and travel locally, visiting communities and events of all sizes.
What you’re good at:
- Providing Leadership: You know how to incite teamwork, lead by example and build strong relationships (ideally you acquired this in a promo setting).
- Supporting a program in-field: Not only are you experienced in overseeing an activation from set up to tear down, but you are also a master of coaching a team, administrative tasks, inventory control, and logistics.
- Driving: You must have a driver's license and possess a relatively clean driver's abstract (we can overlook those parking tickets). Inventa will provide you with a vehicle rental for the dates listed.
- Communication: You are observant and great at crafting client-ready reports that include details like photos and metrics such as the number of visitors, the highlights of the day, comments, etc. You also know how to leave a lasting positive impression! You can provide clear direction and facilitate a wide variety of activities that may involve software and tools all while delivering key messaging and other labour market information.
- Troubleshooting: Sometimes things don't go as planned but you are the type of person who is decisive, always has a plan B and can think on their toes to come up with innovative solutions.
- Proactive engagement: Having honed your public speaking skills you enjoy presenting in front of large groups.
- Working with youth: Capturing the attention of our target demographic in an energetic and professional manner comes easily to you. You have experience working with elementary and/or high school students and know how to create dynamic interactions to make sure they are getting the most out of this experience.
- Teamwork: Your ability to work independently makes you an asset but you also have strong interpersonal skills and understand team dynamics. You strive to support the Management team and the Presenters at all times including doing your fair share of load-in, set up, tear down, load out, handling inventory and managing assets.
- Taking direction:Not only do you appreciate feedback but you take constructive critism like a champ and see it as an opportunity to improve your skills, and relationships.
- Commitment: We can rely on you because you are always on time and once you commit to the program we know you will show up for all your scheduled shifts. This program requires you to be available for all of the scheduled shifts.
- Bonus points: You have a passion for career planning, education, healthcare, technology or trades.
What we're good at:
- Creating awesome experiences that engage students to get them excited and thinking about their futures.
- Ensuring our in-field teams receive the training and development they need to be successful.
- Providing round the clock support to our teams when they are in-field.
- Building dynamic teams that will work well together and represent the populations they are serving.
- Showing our appreciation by providing recognition and incentives because we know how hard our teams work to ensure our programs are successful!
Compensation: $22/hr when working onsite.
(per diem, accommodations, performance bonus will be discussed with selected applicants).
Note: Accommodation will not be paid for when you are scheduled within 32 km of Inventa’s Vancouver office. The majority of this tour is local and will not provide paid accomodation or per diem.
Hours: Approximately 33 hours per week on average (including OT and DBL OT).
TBD-Last week of March or the first week of April.
Start: April 6
End: May 16
(All dates may be subject to change)
April 6 Vancouver East
April 7 Vancouver East
April 9 Vancouver East
April 14 Vancouver South
April 16 Vancouver South
April 21 North Vancouver
April 23 North Vancouver
April 24 North Vancouver
April 28 Delta
April 30 White Rock
May 5 Langley
May 7 Maple Ridge
May 11 Mission (TBC)
May 13 Abbotsford
May 14 Abbotsford
For more information about this program: https://www.workbc.ca/Jobs-Careers/Find-Your-Fit-Tour.aspx
Think you'd be a great fit and want to join our team?
Select 'apply for this job online' in the upper right-hand corner of this page and please ensure you complete your profile, include a current resume and provide an answer for all of the pre-screening application questions.
Due to the high volume of responses we receive from our applicants we can only follow up with selected candidates. We tend to give preference to Inventa Alumni who are in good standing with the agency as well as those who have applicable experience and meet the program requirements. We value the diversity of the communities we serve and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the population and meets the needs of British Columbian students. Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit).